Here is how I believe about Social Security and how the federal government can help those who are retired:
1. Seniors must be protected and receive every dollar they deserve. A deal is a deal.
2. Social Security must remain solvent so that seniors today and the retirees of tomorrow receive their promised benefit.
3. Stop politicians from raiding Social Security and Medicare.
4. Those under 40 should be allowed to personalize their retirement plans by choosing from a number of low-risk, government-backed annuities, not Wall Street or stocks. This is similar to the plan that members of Congress receive for retirement. Congress shouldn’t get special treatment at the expense of everyone else.
5. Expand tax-free personal retirement accounts.